Saturday, January 20, 2007

On to Chaingmai

Before I relate about today, I want to tell you of my experiences last night. A group of us wandered through the alley ways, over dogs, under laundry to an alley with an amazing chef. He cooked with the flare of a samurai tossing the food and pan in the air. We had to wait awhile to get a table since there was a large group. Again, Beth ordered and out came papaya salad, morning glory stir fried and some fish soup. I picked out the prawn with whiskers, but that soup could make me a fish lover. Admittedly I was very hungry and I did have a real beer, but the food was remarkable. I think there were three tables of us, all with food and drinks and the entire bill came to $50. Amazing. We split up after dinner and walked back to the hotel. When I went by a facial place at about 10:30 and before I really thought about it, I was down on my back in a window with about 10 other women with cucumbers and pink stuff all over me. She did her magic and "only take a minute....whack.. off came my mustache.. and more papers and eyes closed and my lower lashes were hennaed. The woman next to me, who spoke English but sounded German kept saying.. no cucumbers.. and the Thai person repeated no cucumbers as she tossed more on. When I can tell you, my upper lip feels like a babies bottom.. it was all great fun. The streets are just like worms ... a moving mass. I watched a woman making a banana something.. she cooked the dough and then sliced up banana's and then topped it off with chocolate sauce. Again..very wonderful, but I just watched and took pictures. I was about to go to bed when the merrymakers that I had dinner with were on the street and off to a Ska band. I was the responsible adult and went back to the room and got organized for a busy morning.
After breakfast, we hustled into a van..tossed the suitcases on top and went the length of Bangkok to the airport. A few of the folks that were nor responsible were in rather bad shape.. but lived. The other day, the blog said my pants cost 32... not so There were $3.20. but the bad news is I had to pay for the blue towel I used to clean up the room.. so that was 200 bhat.. the pants being 100bt.. so my pants are now pretty expensive. Although I was checked out, I went back to the room and picked up the towel... 200 is almost 8 dollars.
Today, after the airport, airplane, and airport taxi, I went to the Chinese doctor and had needles in my knees.. She told me I was in pretty good shape for an old girl. I walked the city for most of the afternoon and now my posting. We are off to an other dinner and dancing... so.. I want to show.. and this should not be too long. b.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...