When I get up in the morning and look at the map, I think. ...oh this doesn't look too bad. Then Samantha says we aren't going that way we are going this way. It looks much longer. So today, since I decided to leave the heat, we were going to do it my way. Usually Samantha gives in after a few recalculatings. But not today. Today she said turn here even when it is a drive, or mud path smaller than the one we are on. My way was shorter and only 45 miles long but it was an experience.
At the beginning it was a road in need of repair and signs that either read, no service from October to May, , or plowed between 5pm and 7am
So this is the journey.
The road turned from broken to dirt
Then from dirt to mud and ruts
Then I was not alone.
I saw rabbits, squirrels, prairie dogs and cows.
The area was very private and simple but I am not sure where the cows live. I have not seen a fence like this since was a kid at rice lake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eleventh Day
Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...
-
When I got here last night I realized that I had the wrong power cord for the Acer...Not good. putting pictures with the blog is not ea...
-
Several years ago, I put a wedge in a friendship when I stated my firm belief that most things are concepts and not truths. When you ...
-
My seat on this leg was at the back of the bus. Met a very strange man at the luv at about midnight.... I could not get the door open and h...







No comments:
Post a Comment