Thursday, January 24, 2013

flowers



having a scooter that actually has all the functions working gave me confidence in going out to the rim.  The rim is the windy road to strawberryville that I took last year.  I will do the trip again, but for yesterday I only went to the western part of the road.   You acftually take the road to ChiangDao and ENC to get to MaiRim and then a side road through the mountains. (yes Joe, I remember always there is no AAA but with a few 1000 bht and folks with trucks...i am sure I can get back)  Also, it never feels hot on the scooter but my hands and arms definately have color.  When you go this way, you go to the Snake Farm, the Tigar Farm, the Monkey Farm etc.. and finally flowers.   Since I went to the large batanical garden a few years ago with Monika, I oped for the Orchad Farm.  As you can see in the picture, I have a helmit with a shield which was ever so helpful when the leaking garbage truck roared by me on the highway.  So flower lovers.... and color seakers.   These are the morning group.
 The let them grow in very small hanging boxes ( about 3x3) so the stringers are just hanging in the air.  This was a small flower but I wanted to get the fuzzy feet of the stringers. (very technical terms)








There were red onces but I did not like the way the color came out and want to work on them ...as you can see some are large and grow almost alone and other grow in a little bunch....  the next is my favorite.  I think it looks like a bad boy....mmm maybe I am saying too much about me......


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl and I went see orchids last time, with our friend from Wales. I thought that it was part of the botanical garden complex. I do remember just how pretty they all were. I also remember how hot each individual barn was. Glad you're having a good time. Cold here. Attic room #2 cleaned, two to go !

joe

CDP said...

beautiful...

JoAnn said...

OMG, the flower photos are absolutely gorgeous!! I wish I were there to see them. The absence of color here makes the colors in the photos all the more vibrant. -4 degrees here last night as we were driving home at about 7 p.m., with stark white snow, brown tree branches and mud. Also, glad you have a helmet with a shield (yuck!!!!) L, JA

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...