Saturday, February 06, 2016


Jim Morrison quotes

This came to my attention this morning.  I have always thought a friend was someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.  That is still true, but I think this Jim Morrison saying is more of a daily thing.  I mumbled on in The Test blog about how heavy I felt after a dinner of analysing, criticizing, and eventually feeling bad about myself that I had engaged in a gossip process and about another who "needs" fixing.   My practice emphasis is to be non-judgemental. I can see that it is easy to get sucked in, and I don't like that.  I see a shift in my need to fix things and make them right. Who put me in charge?   I am going to write about my swimming experience, but there is a thread of practice in the Zen of swimming.  To reach my goal, to swim with easy and enjoyment, there are a few things that must become a habit and to which I must have a pattern of behavior.  When my head is not straight and face down... I go in a circle, and my legs are wrong.   Same Same for life.

It was heartening to hear from someone else at the dinner table that the one person that lead the analysis is not easily relaxed and is always in questioning mode.   I have also had to look at my practice.   I want to firm up the rituals that support my practice.   And this is the dawning of another new day...think will though let it pass uselessly away.    

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...