Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday


I went to the market yesterday morning and met with many vendors... it is terrific to see the fresh fruit and know how very sweet it is and how recently they were picked. I am sorry I don't have a scale for the fruit but the oranges are about 50cents round. I think it takes about 5-6 to make the juice.. which they sell... 10 baht for small 20 for large.




In case you forgot how goofee I look in the hat.. here I am at the galare house. I put the camera on the refrig and auto shuttered. Actually I put it on some fruit which was on the refrig. I must also admit.. I am making a goofy face.

The weekend market is not the same as last year. There were not as many original pieces of work nor poor workers looking to make Bonny jackets. I walked about for a long time and then remembered how very tired my feet are from standing all day. I actually bought nothing. But let us start the day. We went off to the same cooking school. Gosh that was fun and I must say, everyone got into it.. and as you may remember, it was the best food I have had. We made the same things and ended with sticky rice and mango. Meow did the class and told me that our teacher from last year gave birth to a half Thai and half Canadian boy in Dec. It is Meow's boy friend that owns the school. It was great and everyone was a good sport and got into it. Of course by the time you eat the pad thai, chicken and noodles, soup, etc. you are full. In case you forgot what it looked like to be flaring up the chicken... here is bonny

We returned to Galare and then got a songtaw to the market. If possible it was more crowded. I did not go into the building where Marti bought her next thing.. so I don't know if she was there. After about 2-3 hrs.. and having stood all day.. I met up with a woman from Colorado.. Thai student and I say and had a foot massage. It was very good. I think whatever has been blocking my leg is un blocked. And I must have been tired since I slept soundly for 1.5 hr. We walked up and down the streets and I found that upscale place that has the net for 30 baht and hour. My pics are downloading.. so hopefully they come in that time. I the wandering about last night, Beth stumbled into a shop and can you believe it.. it was Angels shop. She took the card and today I went and introduced myself and told him the story of us going over the bridge and wanting to come but the flower show was on.. etc.. and yes.. he is the one that made Michele's elephant. I was able to get four and he said he would make more... so oh yoga friends.. it is 1080 baht.. about $33 for the Elephant and a neck piece. Let me know and I will call him for you and bring it home. the picture of the man and woman is Angel and his wife.. the silver smith.


Today we crawled up the hill to the monastery. It was much different. Although it was not as nice a day and much less hot, there were also hardly any people. I checked about meditation classes and bought some very good bells. It was raining.. hard to believe. On our way back we stopped at a DimSum and had dinner. The place we are is close to my hotel when I come back.

I am very convinced I made the good decision. Same same but different. There is a young woman (actually very nice) that ended up in the Yoga teachers room the other night. There are a very serious group. I am giving my sticky mat and belt to Rich (the one with one leg). They are not going to the school but to the teak house. I would not be happy.

What I am thinking of doing checking out the hot springs.. in talking to some they say you can rent a house and live OK on 7000 baht.. that is about 700... I think I could do home and here for two months.. sweet. but of course I would miss you all.

Tomorrow I got an apt a the acupuncture person.. .. so my address will stay Galore.. and that is a good jump place... b

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...