Friday, January 25, 2008

Sorry no pics.. Sat 26th

The Internet is at best a challenge.. so today the script is in Japanese and the keyboard is not functioning at full steam...When I put my hub in the first time it asked what I wanted but then that went away and I got a folder with nothing in it. Could you all hear my heart pounding 1700 miles away. Well I got the disc back in the camera .. and was every so delighted to see the monk waking down the street at 6am. So I will try pictures when I have more time. Again this am I am a tour guide and taking mucho folks to the market.. to be back here in one piece at 1. We are leaving at 8 but getting folks on and off the boat and making sure the three that get boat sick don't.. stressful. If we could get to and fro Chinatown after the longest Wat tour in history.. Also, some folks are doing well on the food or water. I felt I needed to take care of me last night, so I ate the pasta. Of course it is one of the those times when you don't want to be seen.. and along comes Rick... oh.. eating pasta... I wish I had my friend Liz's attitude and a f..y.. back. My stomach said.. show me something that is recognizable. I have been fine with the food.. and my body clock is back to my regular routine ...very good for the toilet needs. Marge had food poisoning.. Becky left the Wat doubled over.. Beth thought she was about to give birth as she waited for the luve... my good friend .. little lost Molly.. (she really is sweet and rather a dear in the headlights).. was ill after lunch.. and she can eat. So the Bonz only gets tired at 10 after getting up at 5.. sounds like not a bad deal. From what I see the Yoga group are two women from the Uof R that know my neighbor Dan.. one in billing and one IT. They do the Sat am class and know Liz who comes to the later class. Then the boys.. Joe and Rich who do a couple of classes and know Sue.. an older woman from Buffalo who has some connection to my college, Marge whom many met at my birthday party and Wendy and a couple.. one teaches Yoga and John whom looks familiar and I think came to a few classes when GP and I went on Monday. Those two did 1.5 hrs of yoga yesterday morning.. she is one of those cute as button types. they ended up with a snake wrapped around them at the Palace yesterday. I really am impressed with my body.. other than tired and reasonably, I am pretty flexible after to hop in and out of tuk etc. I am stretching in the am. I hate to write late at night.. I am beyond tired, but I want you all to know that I am alive and well. The other thing about the Internet. the keyboard is between elbow and shoulder height for me.. this is not a comfortable pose. I am not sure what I will do with the last few days in Thailand. I planned to take the train and then spend a day here.. but a week in BKK is a bit much. I need to get my t-shirts.. so I will look at the market this morning and if I can find them there.. might take an extra day in ChMai. I real like the Thai group.. I will miss them... they are my travelers.. ready to go.. when and where... not whiners either.
I am not impressed that so many have received very bad bruising from massage. Beth had some bad bruises.. but then she asked for deep. I think regular is almost torture ..so I would think deep would be close to the 'rack'. I went back to the Chinatown temple yesterday and bought a second amulet.. it has soft gold around it.. but the monks are so cute and I like the design.. so Cheryl.. give up your lunch.. it was 300 baht.. $8 give or take.
I so enjoy your mail and feedback.. I smile often thinking of what you would say seeing some of the sights.. It is hard to talk about much of it.. it is just a flash as you are walking by. I am still impressed with the workers up on a 5 story building walking on the scuffle that is made of lashed bamboo.. this is when you want a moving.. they leap about like geckos.. And on my morning walk to the Internet.. the rooster.. it is almost as good a rooster as Marti.. fun stuff. I am doing everything except the nightclub stuff.. it will be good to have a room that we are not going to move from in a day.. the gypsy stuff is tiring. My roommate ... from Utica.. is a very nice and thoughtful mom of 2.. my smiles.. and lots of serious healing folk.. there are a few..but that would be too strange if everyone was the way I would like them to be. Need to run.. market.. plane,.. dinner.. market with Beth to look for the houses.. and then hope to find a net.. be well.. bye for now..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonny with a 'Y' :
Cheryl and I wish we could be with you, sharing this wonderful adventure. Thanx for sharing your thoughts and experiences. We'll just have to travel vicariously with you this time. Keep safe and keep exploring !!!!

joearena

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...