Thursday, February 14, 2008

home... ahhhhhh

I have been on for 6 min and have gotten into the blog and downloaded pics I want to share.. I can tell you.. the y and z are reversed.. well this might be more fun to read than usual... I was rather overwhelmed by the hand work in L. When we went to the villiage, they were weaving.. now one of the folks who had been there a long time.. said.. much is buy and sell.. but it was not easy for me to tell. the market was row after row of women sitting with bedspreads and shams. I am sure it would have been a good deal, but the money was a bear for me and I just could not get it under control. They took am. but I just did not have much small stuff and they gave kip, In the small shops I could see women working on hems for the shalls.. so I suspect they bought the material and then sewed it on these pedel sewing machines.. whatever, they were worth the 3 to 8 $.
Today I bought a little hat.. it does nothing but keep my head warm and now that I am back to the land of the smile and sun.. I hardly need a hat. I would like to go back to the village if others were along.. I think most would enjoy the shopping and I did not see much of the town. The food was great ... can not believe I can eat mykong weed.. it is not as bad as cambodia.. it is moving and their are not folks living on the water.. near.. and fishing.. but they are crop folks. I do want to get to the plain of jars...I love the pictures of it..

I almost slept thru the boom boom this am.. it was very faint and I just rolled over. The tuks are different. Here are some of the many bright colored young monks getting into one. I did see a few of them playing sorta tag and one got tossed out of the wash house in my direction ... but I did not gaze at the skinny 12 yr old. They smile a great deal and well they should... probably have the best life in L. The next picture is of the front of the bike. The cabs are much more elaborate and the bikes are much bigger and newer. I did not ride in one. The hotel appologized for not picking me up.. and took me to the airport. There is much more to see.. in fact I really only saw the river and cave.. from 8 to 2.
My plane left at 1 today. There was a $10 charge to get out.. wonder if they would just keep me if I did not have the money.
Since I got an error.. virus message last night at the cafe ...but the pics appear fine.. I switched cards and have started my fourth. I ran into Judy .. of modern vespa.. who has one in Hawaii and was the nurse who started the burn unit.. she is on a quest to see as much as she can before it is all spoiled. When I saw her on the street I was thinking.. she probably is thinking .. there is that other funny looking older woman wondering about town. I think we got our baggy pants at the same store.. and I am sure neither of us give a hoot what others are saying. You might just get a pic of the bonz.




Just behind the house Judy is walking by was an alley and behind the house was a fenced yard with an ostrach.. and two dogs. and then up in the hill was this home... it is a little hard to see, but the laundry is out and the house hardlz together. There is much jungle area just behind the houses. I do not think too many folks go back here.




There are a ton of tour places.. some rent bikes.. which has just become illegal... so if you rent one.. as in pedal bikes... you are told to tell the police that you have lived in L for a long time and bought the bike... This was a sign on the outside of one of the rental places.. I thought he had humor.. don*t be Crabby..be Savey! They were looking for a few more people to go to the plain of jars.. ah .. another time...

I tried my old disc and it is not reading it on here.. I am sure someone can fix it.. since I can see all the pics.. let it go.. Well my room at the internet place is just great.. nice air.. quiet.. large.. wonderful bath.. and about 25 a nite. The bed in Laos was a step up from a blank.. my soft belly was hurting in the am...
You can see why I identify with Judy... life is either fun or not.. and I will opt for the fun. Off for now so you do not get board.. there are many keys not working on this puter.. Cooking school in the am... happy bonny

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...