Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines day

My doggie sent me a v-day note.. and I hold all my readers in my heart with a warm thank you for your interest in my journey. I have not said much about my spiritual path.. but that has been as important as my observations. I am more convinced that I need the two meditations.. insight or mindfulness as well as the zen calming the mind.. I don't see a conflict.. and actually it is more a full circle to Thay's way. When I left the internet, I walked the market.. they are so needing to have someone buy... I did not get a bed spread.. I was overwhelmed and could not figure out what was what... a posse delight I am sure. I did my a bag for toting.. hilltribe on the outside and stuff in the inside... it will need some help to keep it together..(note to sheila)...it was 7 and I got some slippers for 3... and then to watch the news.. three..cnn, bbc, and alcazar.. different approach to US news.. cnn.....and bbc/alc these are very similar.. re waterboarding etc. Most of the folks that I find on the street...with funny hats, cheap shirts, bags over the shoulders and backpacks.. are very liberal and world focused.. The am walking with jewelry and expensive clothing and staying in nice places.. with destain for why the plumbing is not better etc... are not. so..so far religion and politics in the same blog... ok enough
I had breakfast at the hotel.. comes with the price.. which is far far more than I should have paid..but my fear got to me... eggs, bagette, juice and 2 cups of coffee...there appears to be strawberry and marmalade ... except where you can get local...mmm I bought an over the shoulder purse this am.. don't want to be confused with the uptown am. it is patched in hill tribe fashion..(again.. I will buy lunch sheila)... I went to a wat and met young monks eager to talk.. how are you... I am fine.. but they really could answer. A few dogs got into fights in the street. No one reacts,.. but all was well. the dogs do need care..and I have not touch one.. sores, fleas, lame. Luang Prabang is a UNICEF town to preserve the heritage and it is smoke-free world heritage place..
Last night as I sat and watched the woman walk up and down the hill to fetch water in her watering can to go back and hand sprinkle her new crop... we are taking about from my house to Jennifers up and then back..I tought how lazy I am and how mindless I am with my garden.. too many plates spinning.
I will go to Vietnam next trip... I know places that will be very hard to get to...but interesting. In spite of all that has happened, they are very grasious ( I try every day.. but the spell check always says.. failed).
I have many more stories in my head than makes the screen.. Yesterday when I was eating my peanuts a little boy with a red shirt came to sell me what looked like some type of heather. Needless to say, I had no use for the plant. He pointed to the peanuts and I stood and picked up the bag.. and poured a double hand full into his little dirty hands. He went accross the street and seeing some roosters in cages...tossed a nut for each.. He approached several folks.. most of the better dressed said nothing.. and the ones with the grubbies.. talked to him with smiles. In his path, he mispaced one peanut... and began his search through the moss.... finally he spoted it on the ground and picked it up and ate it.. He came back my way...and as he approached...I stood again and gave him as large a hand as he could hold.. and he went off in another direction. this morning, I packed and had a handful of nuts in the bag that I can not eat.. nor take.. where are the hungry when we have food. As I went down the river yesterday.. I thought of what this must have been like when I was 30...walking the streets with my little antiwar signs... most of the folks I see.have no knowledge of the bombs.. but when folks who went to the plane of jars told me most of the jars were not touched even though there are craters next to them... and in the caffin villages there still are hollowed trees with bones of relatives... no time to creamate and left without a merit send off. but then again.. nothing is perminant.... and we are all one. I am back to the land of smiles and will be more cheery... Thailand is very prospurous compaired to here...b

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...