Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sapa
















To answer a few questions. I went to the pharmacy and got some day and night pills and in a day and night I am fine. I have to blow my nose a few times a day... so nothing is stopping me. Poor Page did not sleep on the train so this will be a long day for her but she is wanting to go on.. so on we go. Her eyes are both open but she is wearing her glasses so can not see as well as she could. (sorry pic is blurry.. it is the trainstation and on the other side is China. We are in the otherside of no place. With Frank Sanatra singing in the background and an internet at the coffee shop. We leave in 20 min. We got on the train at 9pm with a nice Gr couple who spoke perfect Eng. and were very nice .. they travel a lot. Page like the top.. so she got the only air and I layed in my clothes on the bottom and sweat to sleep.... I counted drops not sheep. We got here at 5:20... that is when they said and that is what it was. There are western wc but you have to walk 4 cars to find them... the train station had a sqat...but it was not moving.. even though I was. We took a nice mini to the mts... drove an hr and we only went straight for a second. Our van was fast so they passed everything .. amazing. It is helping my practice to be so in the now and just... oh well.... if you can believe it.. I am more... OH WELL than ever. I am giving Page options but she must decide for herself what she is to do. I have loaded some pics and hopefully they will appear before I disappear. Lang will guide us down the mt to several villiages and a hot spring. Of course my swim suit is back at the city, but I have my yoga pants and sleep shirt... so I will go in. I am in shorts and shirts. I did by a backpack rain cover but I don't think I will need it. This is a magical little village. and amazingly this place as very primitive hilltribe folks carrying sand and bricks on their head, motor bikes and internet. I thought of Joe.. one of the rest. was t-bone steak. I don't have time to pull down the pics. In the one on the left. The men on the hill are exchanging the basket of sand which they carry in a relay down to the construction sight. The middle picture is the back of the houses. The mts are not clear yet..but soon. This is terrific and we have heard the boat is even better....love it... I would not go back to Siagon.. Hanoi was much better.. and this is worth it all... Glad folks are enjoying the trip via the blog. The last pic is on a child that was going to work with his father.. the faces are great... Off I go into the wild blue yonder... I am more centered and sure of where I am going everyday... this is good. Joe we have the same travel time as you.. get in at night 6:18 via DC something on Monday 23rd... This is the top of the world and about as far away from 48 A as I will probably get. bye for now....love to all.. and scratch to tipper and thank you for loaning us your mom. b (no spell check.. oh well)

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...