Sunday, February 15, 2009

hanoi

We got up early this am.. as in we had to wake the staff. They were to give us a 5am call...but hard to do with 6 young men snoozing. We asked for a cab and then pointed to the outside and a cab in front. the man called the cab company and they told him there was a cab in front. It reminds me of how many light bulbs. When we came in the trip from the airport was forever and today we did it in about 20 min. I thought one of us was having a baby since he road the entire way with his hand on the horn. I thought he was honking at people in the house in their pj's who might come out. The domestic air was more stark and we got when we thought they called our number and almost got on the wrong plane. No extra cost for the check in luggage.. but I can hardly lift the back pack. When we were sitting there, we mentioned that J&J should be home by now and we got a comment saying they were both safe. When we landed we got a cab to truck us the 26k to the travel place. they have a storage place for luggage with an ominous sign... don't leave anything in the bags that can attract rats. interesting and makes you feel very secure. In my camping days, they are soap.. oh well. We just checked in with everything and when we come back tonight for dinner we will sort out the things we need. This is a great place to eat... (happy bonny) and we had a terrific veggie brunch and just had a very up town dessert and beer/tea. We ate in a little tea room and I had 10 mini cream buff with a drizzled sauce... the presentation was like rooney's and it cost $5.5. After brunch and before the dessert we went for a bike carriage ride. we each got one. They took one look and said two. It was interesting being pedalled around slowly in the streets with cars and scooters coming all around us. Since only 20 are killed a day, we were not worried. There are tons of nice veggie places to eat. My thought of Siagon... rice.. some green veggie and sauce... tasteless.. I would say other than the day I hated re fried beans in Mex. that was the worst.. this is wonderful Well time for massage.. sort our clothing and then off to Sapa. I don't think you will hear from me for days.. but we are ok... cold better.. Page can open her red eyes. b.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that Page can open her eyes !

Hey - what day/time are you coming back to ra-cha-cha?

joe

Anonymous said...

Bonny - so sorry I gave you my cold. I had hoped that you would be spared any of the illnesses of we more faint of heart and constitution. Joe and I are back in Ra Cha Cha - trip went very well. Headed off to get the Tipster - can't wait to see the little guy (and Kelsey too, of course!). Hope Page is better - give her my love - and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Bonny - I have enjoyed reading about your adventures so far...I hope the rest of your travels are wonderful!

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...