Tuesday, September 29, 2009

bookem Daniel

every once in awhile a phrase like that hits me and I think ...gosh..few folks will remember. Boarders had a big sign...WiFi here...so I went in and was going to order a decaf tea....the tea/coffee is shut down for the night. Then I couldn't get on...and they told me it is coming in October. So I went to Starbucks...well you have to buy a card etc...she suggested the library and that is where I am...11pm your time on a bench infront of the door that will not open until 10 tomorrow. My "home" for the night is around the corner on Boardwalk and Berry in Kansas City MO... it is a super so I can go to the bathroom in the night but there are no rigs....I will park by the tire place and back my trunk into a wall... tomorrow I will stay in a motel...29.99 since the show is 10 and I might as well get a big bed, breakfast, and free internet...no bench tomorrow. It is easier is Asia...in the middle of Sapa than Kansas City. I have been sharing my toilet needs and in case you are missing a Cracker Barrel, here are chairs for sail in Illinois. The next two pictures are back roads in Indiana...and backroads in Illinois... I am going to take more pics like that...will not my slide show upon my return be exciting. The day went well...I did not take the back roads too long... wanted to make tracks... I hope to cross Kansas tomorrow and stop just inside the
Co boarder. I got the cook stove out... what a woman... it was fun. I went to Wally's and got some salad... and drove to the 'rest stop'. I reorganized things and dragged out the stove, the can opener, the propane, the beans, the hot dogs, the salad dressing, the big spoon and started to cook...a Thai woman came along and asked about the stove and where I was going and how did I like Thailand etc... She opened a Wendy's bag... ate and left... and I waited for the beans to warm and the water to wash to warm.......but look how satisfied I am with the dinner. It was very good and healthy. I could not find the Wally's so I stopped and this very kind woman at Lowes said she would look it while I was in the bath room...my exhausted and voice strained GPS partner knew where it was and I only did two u turns.... so I am not pretty cold sitting on the bench at the library..and my warm bed waits.... more tomorrow....

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...