Sunday, September 27, 2009

FINALLY UNDERWAY

These are the times when I miss my Mom. She would say, what are you doing and my Dad would say, how can we stop her? It was not a pleasant trip to Albany. How many people go east to go west. Right there the beginning of this venture. I walked in the door and remembered I did not bring my Asian cold med...and coughed thru dinner... What happened to the love color of fall.... all I saw today was the windshield wiper and the rain that was coming faster than the wiper. But as I drove and listened to country music and heard a series of songs, ending with "I'm alright"... about a honky tonk singer who has never made it big but has learned to love what and where she is....and I started to see the adventure again. I have felt a pull to go to the monastery and live in silence and simplify my life. I will write a few e-mails after long reflection but mostly, this is my time with me. I have my 64 inches of sponge, cooking stuff, food, books, and camera...we gather too much stuff. It is not that I am happy away from home, it is more that I am happy on the quest ...my own holy grail...who am I. I will try to get back to my spiritual self. I have swapped my gold elephant for my Angel Elephant...I have my red string and Buddha around my neck...and I am really to try to put aside the beating of the neighborhood stick of critical and not loving eyes. How you treat your neighbor, so will you be judged. I had a steak for dinner... My good and long time friend got out the bar-be and made dinner..found a beer and will end soon so I can be up and out by 5 to pick up Devon near the medical center. Lady will not be happy. She appears very worried.. but i must be on my way
...I am going to work on my practice and try to remember how to just give. I am every so grateful to Bonz's good friend, the scooter buddy, GP, and the picnic bunch who have given me the resources to travel... and so....let the adventure begin. b

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...