Monday, January 24, 2011

collection of thoughts...read the next one's if you don't like my rampling

Like everything, the new blog has the good and bad or easier and harder or takes more time than less time some have commented that they like my writing more when I travel...well I am more reflective. When I am home, I find that I give myself little time. It is probably my baggage of feeling that if I dance fast enough, I will stay with the group, not be left behind, and folks will admire my extra effort. I am so grateful that I have come to live in the community that I have, for I have observed that if I dance fast, folks wonder what I am up to..what I want...who am I trying to make look badly Maybe I am just a fast dancer and want nothing. Where I loss myself is trying to talk to others baggage. That is when I know I am not in touch with myself. Traveling gives me the opportunity to step back or out and just observe and then ask what are you doing and why... is it making you your true self.


The human in me gets angry at people who lead unexamined lives. Here, I watch hundreds of people going from one place to the other without seeing anything that is passing by..they walk with f25 lens and use the filter of alcohol....young girls thinking the dance is just the dance. They could be in Alaska or Jakata...it matters not...it is the dance...the escape. \

Last night I watched an older woman...ok maybe in her 60's she was walking with a cup of coffee and had a very glazed look...alone. I did not see a purse, but she was a frang and was headed toward an area with no guest houses. I turned to see her go to the side and stop ..she didn't look frantic or I would have turned back...this is her experience and I don't need to rush in.. I think that is my lesson for the day, We all walk about with different lens and filters. I often use the lens or youth and do not tend to my age or needs...Others the filter of fear, regret, anger or alcohol...it is all same same just different. Ok...enough serious thought... not a blog of pictures.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...