Monday, January 24, 2011

sunday







Sunday was a little sleep in for my traveling partner. I am still not organized but today will be a good day to move stuff around before we pack to go. We have tickets on the noon airport bus so we will have plenty of time to be on to our next venture. We thought it would be an easy day, but since we are letting our feet dictate life took us to several unexpected ventures. Some things are constant monks  and flowers
We water taxi/skyway to the Jim Thompson House/Museum and took the tour. This is my second trip but there was still much to learn and enjoy. While he was a collector, the Thai house is still simple and practical. The woodcuts for printing the skill for example...you use art already created many centuries before and then make a woodcut but you also make a cut in the wood that can be removed so you have an ability to put color into the fabric.Of course we had a great lunch ...Pomelo salad and a stir-fry for me..and large Chang.. Coconut milk for Monika. We took the canal boat behind the House for a short ride and when they stopped to get on a connecting boat, we got off and as we walked the stairs it was obvious that there was a red protest going on. Interestingly, while some have their faces covered, most were encouraging us to take a picture. The police were there, but respectfully apart from the scene. They did not have guns...nor mob control....just there in case.



At the Siam, we had icecream and I tried to get a cup of coffee. I got an “American” coffee which looked more like an expresso and it was $4..about 75 a swallow... I was not happy. Inside the Gourmet market, I got a good cup for $2.



Monika has been looking at the fish tanks, so on our way from the river...we decided to put our toes in with the Parana. In itself it sounds like a very dumb idea... felt like little electric shocks and I was not unhappy to retrieve my toes and find that I still had feet. They found my legs to be very taste and even when I would take my foot out...they would cling for awhile... no one died.. and I still have legs.

We ended the night with a Thai massage, dinner and a stoll down the Road...and another beautiful night in paradise.
This is one of the times that you think....what if...but you stay anyway since all the protesters are so happy

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...