Friday, January 28, 2011

cooking school


I was the last to be picked up for the cooking class... 4 Aussies, 2 Holland, 1 china and 2 of us from the US.  After we went to the market and learn what we should buy and what we can substitute, we donned the funny hats and went into the farm to learn how everything grows and to pick some of the items that we needed for today


We got to choose what we wanted to make...red, green or yellow curry.  I took the yellow since it is the mildest.  You really have to bang the stone to make a smooth paste and if you don't and have lumps... unpleasant. I added the veggies etc. and made part of my lunch.


For the second dish, I made a veggie soup..  It was extremely favorable and very easy. The green on top is coriander..2 kinds and green onions. We added a stir-fry and then sat to eat. I had found a Chang at the market so I was full and happy.

Monika had been talking about Pad Thai for days, so for the take home, I made that and then finished with banana and coconut  cream...mmmm
.I think I learned more this time for I was paying careful attention.

On the way home I watched all the riders... mmm would love to be out there riding... but for now, I am sitting at the inn waiting for Joe and Cheryl to arrive.
.







No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...