Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am more understanding of addiction

Monika said last night that she was not going to blog because we did not do anything special.   I did, I slept for 2+hrs in the middle of the day.  I also got some Advil and muscle cream for my sore legs and they are feeling much better.  We decided yesterday that we should have a body scrub...so back we went to the 2.25 hr massage place for a 2 hrs scrub and oil massage.  We were in the same room...but it was dark and we were clothed when we went to the shower and I felt very comfortable.  It was wonderful...my skin is smooth and relaxed...mmm it was close to the little dumpling and rice soup place so we went there and then back for a nap.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that's all she wrote.
I think I can live on mushed rice soup with a soft egg and ginger.  It looks like gruel but in the middle of the day when you are hardly functioning after the soft oil & scrub...it is as close as I am going to come to heaven on earth.   I thought it must be like the loving way of the women who bath the dead at the transition.  blissful.
Earlier, we got up at 5:30 and saw the morning monks and had a donut...same same.  Last night we went to the food court and watched some dancing...in the night market... easy day...So here are a few pictures that are different.
Everything that is done is done with gentle precision.  presentation is very important....I was not sure if this dish was for worship or for attraction to the restaurant but it was sitting by the side of the walk way.

The night market had a few interesting things... There are all kids of bugs and bats in cases...The butterflies I can see..but if anyone wants a bat, let me know.  The Christmas fairy is a bout 5 feet tall....again... 
I am off to cooking school and Monika is off to bus trip to a waterfalls... same same but different..  I am watching the weather and hope that Joe and Cheryl have found themselves near Korean at this time...I figured I would get an email if they were delayed... it is 7 and\ time to start the new day...

1 comment:

CDP said...

sounds wonderful... except for the whole bat thing...

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...