Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Give up, Give in, or Give it all you got



Tracey at the Park in her volunteer shirt
A new arrival that I will meet in Jan.
You never know what affect you will have on folks that you pass by.  When I was at Kripalu in Sept, I made contact with only a few folks but one was trying to decide if she was going to quit her job and do something different or stay in a secure but burnt out position.  She was at a cross roads and this is where you can give up, give in, or give it all you got and move on.  One of her remote thoughts was  going to an herb school in Thailand and of course I talked of Elephants and the land of smiles.  Since then there have been many emails and a long phone call and she did something so outside her comfort zone I am amazed that she actually followed through.  She was worried about her safety, the bugs, going alone to a very foreign environment etc.. A big stretch for her is an understatement.  Yesterday when I had tea with “sister” Sheila, I thought as we walk along the path and find obstacles, stones, we can step over them, cry because we stubbed our toe, throw them at someone we fantasize caused them to be in our way, or we can build a house.  There was a lot of hand holding and even an email yesterday…but my Kripalu buddy has started to build something and I know the Ellies will help her learn lessons she did not know she needed to learn.  Everything that is in our path is there to help us learn, even elephant poo.   This is most true of the things we least want to face and deal with in our lives.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...