Monday, November 05, 2012

Boiling Eggs


I boiled eggs yesterday. Now isn’t that exciting. As I was doing it I thought there is a lesson in everything if we are only awake and aware.  Part of the time away was the food.  It was exactly what I want to be eating… I had a few treats – a vegan brownie, a small scone, and a bran muffin and I only ate three meals and not 5 small…but it felt food.  I felt good so what is keeping me from eating that way at home. I am a busy active person and get up and go….   I write in the morning and today is acupuncture day so in order to write, wash-brush-dress, eat and get there on time, I need to be prepared rather than the basic grab and run and hurry.   Look at the calendar, plan out the eating part of the week and I can avoid most of the morning hurry and indecision.  When I am undecided or don’t have a plan…. I could swing by the golden arc and put anything in my body.  I made a good vegan chili, a neighbor made some curry veggies for me, I boiled eggs, made a batch of Quinoa a got in a supply of nuts and fruit…. and I am good to go.   How can I relieve much of the stress I create for myself.. by not having to hurry and making a decision to live awake and aware vs. rushing and grabbing what is at hand.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...