Sunday, November 04, 2012

How was the workshop?


I took a day off to process my experiences while on retreat from my home life.  The surface question is “how was the workshop” and the deeper answer is the fallout from the experience has not hit… I don’t really know how many people are at the facility, but there are a higher percent than usual that have ventured past adolescents.   I made contact with a collection of very remarkable people and tried to soak in as much information from their way of doing life as I could.  The next step, the shift and sort what works for me that I can put in my tool box takes time and thoughtfulness. I have read very few book from cover to cover…Don’t push the River… The Razor’s Edge are two I can remember.. to get the full benefit of what is being given in a book, class, casual meeting of an important person to your life passage.. it takes time to bring it all to your soul experience.    In adolescents, we don’t want to take responsibility but want a quick fix and primarily someone else to do it for us of for us to blame. 
Getting the rays of a tool, qi gong, or whatever to be part of your life experience usually means a shift. The first impulse is to  use the ideas and practices to sidestep or avoid facing unresolved emotional issues, psychological wounds, and unfinished developmental tasks.  It is not easy growing up… but what I got from the time was that I am moving closer to wisdom as knowledge applied.  In addition to being in the company of several remarkable women, good food, and a nurturing environment, two parts of the experience stand out. 
 First Nathan.  I decided to do what I wanted re the healing arts offerings and picked three items from the menu.  I also wanted to give something to the workshop provider so I had an intuitive one on one and got an exercise that is helpful but more importantly a suggestion that I see Nathan for some integrated body work.  I know the drill.. and was prepared to cry and do deep breathing as he sorted through the blocked and knotted tissue in my leg.  What always is interesting is that what is causing the condition is not the knee but all the supporting points around the knee, the other leg and the extremities.   He was as good as his reputation and I came home able to go down stairs in a regular walking position.  The lesson was….often what you think is the issue is only a reflection of something deeper that needs attention and anything that is not a skinned knee needs more than casual attention.
 Second Veronica.  When I was at Kripalu in Sept, I gave my favorite elephant bracelet to the tarot reader.  She expressed a love of the Ellies and I just took it off and she put it on.  I stayed late to have a reading from her. She has not taken the bracelet off since I handed it to her and sends me love and light daily. I shuffled and cut the cards and as she put them on the table. The reader kept saying amazing.. I had pulled 7 of the 21 major cards… there is great support for my shaman work and how I am using the gifts, I am healthy and balanced and the only place of sadness is that I am travelling alone but she felt that somewhere there is someone that will pass my path and understand that I must do my work.   In the course of the half hour, she hit on everything that I wanted to know and told me that I am stepping into a place of greater understanding of the gifts. 
I feel very different than when I went.  The tools of qi gong will help build my energy fields so that I can share my gifts and talents without being depleted. But I also had a beacon light come to me helping me to better see where to put my energy. So the answer… to the how was the workshop…   I got more than I thought I would ever get from the whole experience.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...