Monday, January 23, 2017

The longest 20 minutes of my life

I kept thinking, if I were a prisoner of war, would I let the enemy break me.   I was ok, in pain, grabbing the wood next to my hand and letting out noise, but only once did I say stop and then took a breath and said ok.  This was my treatment today with a renown healer. I had been warned by my doctor friend that I might cry but I did not really have a full understanding of why I might cry.

I got to the place* that is difficult to find early enough to have a coffee.  (* it is by the road near University [20 roads in and around the university] turn at the wall of the Wat [there is a Wat every 7/10th of a mile, from the school and down the road.  No more road [road takes several bends and splits several times], keep going.)

The dogs barked.  He said park there and come.  He took off his shoes and went into a small cottage with an alter and flat bed. I followed.   He asked my issues.   Right knee and left shoulder I said and pointed.  Ok.  

I took off my socks and laid on the flat bed.  He put his hand on my knee and started pressing on the muscles of my inner thigh, bent my toes and then started working all the muscles in my leg.  From the first push, I was in pain.

He then went to my shoulder and said something about a stuck ball… and pressed under my collarbone,  He then put his elbow or knuckle into the pubic bone, and that is when I almost lost consciousness.  Pressing the collarbone and then my pubic bone until there were stars and I could only hear my yelp as if it came from another room or the world.  

He did something with my arm, so I could feel electric never shocks moving my finger that I think were still attached to my arm.   It was almost out of body.  I hung strong and pretended to be giving birth since I saw 25-30 babies born, and most of the young mothers also screamed.

He stopped

Said get up…  
pick up your arm….
hop on your leg..  
 It is fixed as much as it can be.   

I looked at my watch 20 minutes.  Maybe 20 hrs or 20 yrs.     I put 500 bhat in the gold bowl by the Buddha and he opened he door and I got on the scooter and road off.


I took a middle road back to the city still trying to feel what didn’t hurt.   Stopped to get the bike serviced (got a new front tire), had breakfast, tried to meditate at the Wat by the gas station… and I am now going to shower.. and pass out. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ouch !!!!!!! Sounds like the medicine was far worse than the cure . Would you consider doing that again, or is it a once-and-done ?

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...