Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hours to go.....

It is 11PM and my alarm is set for 4:15AM so that I can rise and shine and get my gear and self out the door to begin 2008 Thailand. The Thai phrase same same but different is in my head for there will never be another 2007 group - that was one of those things, experiences, that just hardly ever happens like falling in love with the right person at the right time. Knowing me, whoever is there or not there, I will still try to help myself get into the adventure of just begin alive and able to travel. I looked at a picture of me today and said, who is that old lady and when did she get here. Old or not, I am grateful for my energy, enthusiasm, and curiosity. It is a great gift never to be bored.
.
I was struck by several things as I got my stuff together 1) even if you have all the time in the world, it will never be enough time to do things exactly the way you would like to do them and 2) no matter how prepared you are, you will always believe that you have failed to pack the most essential item and if allowed will help to drive yourself quiet crazy.
I take many good people with me in my heart on this trip: the posse, the breakfast bunch and mates, the 2007 Thai group and the special people who have shared my journey to date.
So it is off to bed with a smile and a sense of loving-kindness for the Bonz. Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...