Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday... I think


This is a picture of the elephant with the silver clasped necklace. It is a thick piece and I am sorry it is not better, but I think you get the drift



While I wait for the upload of pictures, I will tell you a few things about the trip and my night and day. After I blogged and wrote to a few of you yesterday, I walked back to the Galore. On the way I hooked up with a man who was looking for some action and a happy hour.. and wondered what there was to do. I took him to a Wat.. a very beautiful one.. and she again asked about the happy hour. He was from Wisconsin.. oh well.. but what I did find out from him was that the baht is good in Laos.. I had told Wendy that I would try to exchange some 20's for 1&5.. but she went out yesterday and said all you can do it give them Baht to exchange for the us$ .. and then pay for the exchange in and out .. oh well.. I will try and maybe I will be more charming. I have about 35 in small bills from my NYC time. Nothing is super easy but once you get into the swing of it.. and don't expect that while it says MacDonald's that it is the same.. again..and yet again.. same same but different. Anyway, after the mandatory beer and cashews at Galore.. Let me take a minute to talk on that. You order a beer.. and you think you pay for it.. and then there is another.. and when it was all done, Jean was given a bill for 1000 baht.. I paid for two.. so I stayed out of it. Even drinking beer is not easy sometimes. Beth organized.. well lets be more honest..I am going and if you want to come... (and if you were there when she said it and left....or someone kept a spot for you.. etc.)... anyway, we went over to the morning... day market and crawled around until we found an alley light by candles in tin cans. Only Thai's eat here and it is not a good place if you have to see your food. I was told it was noodles and chicken... In front of us was a series of trays with sprouts, beans, and other things and a side try of spices. You were served a bowl of the broth with noodles/chicken and a tasting spoon... you then put the veggies in and added the spices. It was good.. they poured water in a tin cup.. while I thought the two large Chung would fix me up.. I did not drink the water. Beth's treat.. I think it was 20 or 40 baht each. Just as we were getting organized to leave.. someone thought she dropped her contact. oh boy... well ... I just took pictures and used the flash to light up the very dirty ground and her shirt etc.. and she did find it. I had a very interesting series of pics of heads under the table etc.
This is Betsy from Colorado who lost the contact. When she is not doing this, she waits table at a country club and does massage at a store. She taught gymnastics for 22 yrs to high school girls..
We left there and went back to the market to her friends place and others bought amulets. I now have a collection that folks want to have wrapped. It think it will be about 400 baht for the wrap...of course they will not take credit card. When I left the market I did get on for a few moments and e-mailed and then stopped at massage place and had my shoulders and neck worked on for several hours.
This is a picture of Molly.. she is a very sweet woman and I am glad I did not kill her at the airport.
Since I will not be going to CD for a long stay, I took pics at the Wat.. I love the flowers.. this is not my best, but what I could download.
I had another pic,,but I always trash one.. yesterday it was Molly. I enjoy hearing from you .. let me know if you want an elephant.. so far, beside the posse.. Monika, Sue and Cheryl are on my list. I will rob a bank tomorrow.. they don't take credit cards... and what's in your wallet... b.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...