Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wed evening 30th

I am going to come home with new skin. If there is a place to massage or rub etc. I am having someone do something to it. I was even thinking of having my hair washed on the way home from the blog event. By the way, I am blogging very close to the weekend market.. which is pretty close to Angel's jewelry shop.. in other words.. I am walking a mile or two or three so that I can get text and pics together.. (I don't want complainers). I got up at 5:45 and took my roommate Anne and Misty from Colorado out to see the monks. They are walking up and down the street.. but we were not in a place to get a blessing. Maybe Sheila could tell me where she went with Janet. It was rather funny to see motorcycles stop and the drive get off, rummage through things and then go to the knees and offer food. A pick up truck like Marti's stopped and jumped out with a pail of stuff and ended up pouring water in a sauce pan.. If I was the monk that had to tote all of that.. I would have wished I had walked faster. It is dark when you go out and the dawn comes up just as we get to the market and my donut man. He took a shine to Misty ( a tall soft woman) and made us a dinosaur.. and then insisted we have sweet soy milk and sweet donuts and regular donuts....all for about 60 baht. If you are careful.. you can do very well here and can live on the street cheaply. If you want a nicer looking joint.. it costs. I think the worst example was the hotel next to the phallic park.. 300+ for a beer. We went back to the all night dim som place we ate the day before.. and I went out an got 10 cans of Chung from some gas station in an alley for 230 baht.. less than the price of the one. same same.. but different.

This is our donut man

I did shop last night and got a few things for a few of you... hehe.. I am so glad the posse was not there.. it was a fine jewelry store and many items were on sale... I got a ring for my little finger..that was 195.. Beth bought a very nice and large ring... to replace one she has worn for about 10 years but is no longer wearing. Everyone came out with bags.. and they took plastic.. so. it was fun. You know me.. about 10 min of that and I was in the coffee store... and then they went on to the next and then back to the first...Liz you would have really enjoyed it. Anyway.. I went out to get the beer and had asked that someone order muched rice and veggies.. and a plate of fried rice and veggies.. and returned to a little bowl of rice in soup with a few greens.. I think they may be remaking the river kwai .. and I am in the camp. It was fine.. and we all did well and got home early and I went to bed at 10. Since I am doing these morning walks to the market.. it is a good thing I am going to bed a little earlier.

The woman on the left is the JW from Amarillo who owns several business and the other is Anne my roommate from Utica.


(am in the 20 min wait for the pics....soon ...) So after the donut walk I had a coffee at the Galare and then the Thai folks all left and Beth buzzed off to make jewelry and Jean the other person not doing either yoga or Thai... and I decided to do a boat trip.. I hate these organized deals.. but she wanted to do it.. and I don't think she does as well alone. so these are pictures of the Galare from the water and a man doing something in the river. This is actually the same water as BKK so you know the quality. It is not the same as Cambodia...but I would not want to drink it or swim in it. After the rive deal I went to nice upscale Indian/Thai place and had som tom and samosa.. nice combo.. both were veggie and good. I must have really looked great in my Michigan shirt and funny hemp hat.. they asked me to pay before they served me... oh well. I then had a mediocre facial and foot massage.. so I am head to toe rubbed. I bought Linda's shirt today...I got yellow.. if you would rather red.. let me know.. Same same is on the front.. but different on the back. Well... time to get moving.. no one knows were I am.. it is 6:45 and I am going to find a beer and walk home... bye for now.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...