Saturday, February 16, 2008

all together...

I journied onto the donut man but they had cleaned up for the day. His assistant that wore a hate was there and immediately recognized me.. why do I wonder...how many older farang's come and eat donuts at 6am. Well seeing him I have a good idea that his day is much shorter than I tought. As the assistant was shutting down and taking a rest.....hard to recognize without his hat...there was another vendor setting up in his spot.. selling something with ice and the mothers dishwashing spot was used by another vendor... many of the food people were shutting down also.. well why was I there.. just have to have a sticky rice steamer.. now can you make sticky rice without a steamer.. sure.. but when Scott and I go in the restaurant bus.. we will need it... I did not go to a long explanation of my leaving and then coming back etc.. for he cares not and I don't need to tell him.

I also went by to say good bye to my favorite juice lady.. she cares no that I leave either...but might miss my 20 b everyday. Today she was tending her grand child. Her daughter is connected to another child and a tuk tuk driver. It would have been more polite of me to ask to take the child's picture.. but I snapped away because I thought she was lovely in her baby holder behind grand mother. As you might be able to tell in the picture.. she sells mango, apple and orange juice. I only get the oj.. 100% for 20 b. After I took the picture...the mother came and covered her up.
Last night I called Sheila and she said.. can you care everything home.. well I sure hope so.. I should take a pic of how I am typing.. I prop the key board up on my camara, which I pull in front of me at the table .... the chairs and the desk is wrong.. but intended to be comfortable. I had some cashews and beer at the Galare house.. and now.. my latte... I have had a lot of latte.. it is 86 in here.

On my way to the market and Galare I went by my donald duck Wat..there must be a wonderful story about this... but I am not sure what it is.. it just strikes me funny.. like expect whatever to appear before you ...and then nothing looks out of place. Donald is eating a bowl of noodles.. go figure.



Near the donald was a good example of the three qualities of the pandanas treet. the flower.. which is purple which also makes a salad... the banana.. and the leaf....


I also decided to take some pics at the galare house.. they were laughing at me as I tried to put 20 lanterns into my plastic bag... I will be every so happy to get to the airport and get this all stowed... 3 opium wts... 3 bells.. are heavy...... I want to finish this so I can have one more foot massage at the Wat before I go... the train is at 4:30 and I hear it is often late.. but it will take some effort to get my three bags on... so my view of the


Galare...nice garden and beer..










There are several times when I would like a companion.. the toilet and getting on to trains/planes. not easy.. feel like a bag person... I have also saved some $ to pay for the
extra baggage wt. in Bangkok....if I get to the weekend market...oh lordy... i might get a comforter cover... or I might just go and spend my time having a facial.. getting a pedicure and manicure....;0

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...