Friday, February 20, 2009

back in the city

We had an eventful time coming back.. a hydrofoil... made pre war I think or atleast the condition was similar. The bathroom was... don't think JoAnn would like this one.. but after an hour of slosh.. it was any port in a storm. We bused to the city and found that the govmt runs the public bus and they have "liberty" to go where they want even if your space is there. We had the only not honk driver in HO...but he managed to put the vehicle against the curb to let the roudy me first bus go ahead. Our guide for the kayak.. and my boat partner was the sweetest person.. and Mich.. said Mike with stong I. He told us the hotel just accross the street was very good.. so we went there and got a room with bkft for $35... 701.. best room in the house.. it is the pent house with windows overlooking the city on three sides... interesting. One of Page's bucket list was the water pupet.. tickets are hard to comeby.. but we got 1st class seats at the 8pm show... they play an instrument.. with one string... amazing sound. It is usually played by a woman.. since the father's fear that if a man played it.. the dtrs would run off with the player since the sound is so lovely. the show was good and most Page loved it. so... all is good and only one city was missed on her trip. I went to get my cash withdraw last night only to be told.. card denied. since it was midnight, I was able to chat with bonnie at the summit.. and she said.. no problem.. then a dutch student told me that when they run out of money.. you have the problem... so I am back in $ this am. We have already paid for the room in bkk... the plan is to pack.. pray that I find the last underware.. and then off. We are hoping to pack so we can leave the big bag at the airport.. and just pack to the swasdee. We have reserved the room with a view.. and we will do our own thing tomorrow. Page asked if I was ready to come home.. yes and no.. clean underware is calling me. but I have spent more time being the leader and little time just watching... only watch as I walk..... We are meeting the 2 spanish girls so we can share a cab.. they are flying at 1:30 and uns 1... then 2 hrs in hcmc... I will stay at the airport... enough of that city... We had a wonderful meal last night...big treat... pumpkin/ginger soup, risotto/mushoorms/pine nuts, garlic bread, hanoi red (2) liter beer, and ended with fresh fig cheese cake... mmmmm whiped my mouth with a large smile.. Thanks to Joe/Cheryl for your notes and encouragement... you should go to VN... to the bay and snorkle.. coral, fish, nice... the HO area is nice and Sapa is very nice.. just do a little day hike and stay in town.. also you can easily rent a bike here and see the country... off..... b.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your pix and hear your stories.

See you on Monday nite. 6:40 pm ???

joe

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...