Saturday, February 21, 2009

home...second home

As busy and crowded as it is... I love the food, the beat, and the sights. I am at my favorite AC Internet near my smoothie place. Page's eyes are red again and so she decided to sack out and watch the Palace. The sweet woman is at the Internet and loaned me a hub so I didn't have to buy one. While the pics are loading... we met the Spanish girls who are studying in Australia. Since they wanted our kingsize bed and can't leave their hands off each other.. I suspect they are in the experimental state.. but they also don't have much money so we shared our hotel cab with them. We got to the airport without trouble and got the plane to HCMC... waited a little and then got the plane to BKK. Jetstar uses Bangkok air for this jump.. so we got some grub. We took our time this am and packed well so we left the bags at the airport and will be there tomorrow night before midnight. The bus in was extremely crowded and the hotel was full .. so I was very glad I paid for the 3 bed room... and Page could be settled and put a hot towel on her eyes. In the picture on the right is our guide and my hero of a kayaker.. Mach and the two Spanish girls. The Canadian couples bought wine and were kind enough to share it with the group. In this picture is one of the couples. They have known each other a long time and all the men have some engineer connection and are retired and working on the bucket list... doing four trips a year. When the woman came to sell her pearls, I was very happy that they were along since they had the Cheryl shopping bug. It was and interesting group...we were the moderates.. Fernando... a young man in the money business from the Canary Isls who is about to be a father is on his last adventure before responsibility sets in and he is assisting the mother... etc. The girls were eating noodles on the street.. As I have said, it was the three Spanish, Page, Mach and bonny that went on to Kayak. We also ended at the resort and then traveled to the city. They were so very kind to speak English.











This looks like a good picture insert night... and only took a few minutes. When we got to the boat we were taken for a rid in a little wooden boat that was pushed by young people. This woman/girl was the "captain" of one of the other boats. I almost bought a hat.. but could not imagine feeling ok wearing is.. so no hat. The folks in this fishing village rely on the tourist.. but we were very happy to hear that our tour place paid for the little school house and helps support the teacher. The children only go to school for a short time each day, but they are learning to survive when they go to the market. It is a very hard life... they must fish or they will starve. This boat is made out of basket weave and has some wood for support. the paddles can be push/pulled by hand or feet. if you are tossing a line, you must use your feet. the process goes like a bike with the toes holding. We spent the time the first day touring around this little village, which was more prosperous than the Cambodian bunch. I wondered what Mach thought as he looked out on the rocks. Such a thin man. He makes enough money to have an apt with three others in Hanoi and get some food and most of all.. have daily coffee. There were two guides.. and I think only Page and I gave him a tip.. the other guide went with the Canadians.. we had a great time.. shared a beer.. but he got the reward. At the end of the day we came back for the wine and multiple courses of food.. this is course 4 or 5 out of 7 or 8. The staterooms had nice beds and showers etc. It was very high living. Page got a picture of me in the kayak but you can see that by dragging my camera I did have a reward or two. I actually have many pictures to show, but these are two that I am very fond of. The sky was hazy so we did not get color. We also did not see but heard the birds.. nor did we see the golden headed monkey. We did see pods hung off bamboo that is a shell fish farm and we saw coral and schools of fish trying to just way from the bigger fish. This is a pic of a little cove we paddled to... is was so quiet and pristine.. We were on many different types of boats. The boat on the left in this pic is our lunch boat and from where we crawled down the little to get into the Kayak.. they really laughed when I went backwards but I would have don't anything not to tip the boat and get on board and breath... by the time we returned.. I was pulling out the camera often and clicking away. It was a beautiful spot to learn too Kayak.. and I really want to go again. When we left the boat we went to the harbor and stayed at the in on the ocean. I took this pic from our balcony.. The rest of the place was as nice. I am so glad we hiked first.. this was a great way to end our time. Since this is a catchup. The next picture is of the musical group that played for the puppet show. In the middle is the woman that played the string that sounded so sweet. I am sorry I don't know the name of it but it is a very interesting instrument. The final picture is from the plane window as we took off from HanOi... a very very large city... and now for a Chung... and maybe a massage.. after all it is only 11pm.. and this is bkk..and Khosan is calling my name.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...