Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catch up

Ok. It is after dinner.. so what this only two nights ago that we hiked to the end of the earth and stayed on the floor on a mat and ate with the family. To go back a little. We shared the train with a couple from New Zealand. I slept fairly well for a noisy train. I found that if I slept on my hearing ear...all I could do was hear clink clink but if I rolled over I could hear the less. Interestingly, everything you do is related to the toilet. Now that I have had my first full bathroom experience on a squat...it is all down hill. The train going to Sapa was a jiggling one and we had to walk 5 cars for the sit down... worth the hike. This train coming back had many nice clean westerns. It was a good think for the ride down the mountain with the driver honking was a frightening as the one up the hill. When we got off, we took a cab to the tour place and sorted clothing. That has become a spritual ritual... you silently pick every item up...try to see how badly is smells and then put it to go.. to stay.. to hope to wash. You do this while sitting in a restaurant with folks eating breakfast...and you think nothing of it. We finally boarded the bus around 8 and started the journey to Holong Bay. I had read about the experience but I really don't think of how I am going to do this. oh well.. you just do it. After our hike the day before, my legs told me they did not enjoy going up and down the stairs.. in fact they hardly liked walking forward. but no blister. I just go a deal from the Marathon folks and am considering doing it.. I will not be carrying a 20 pound pack. Anyway, we took was is left and clean and shoved it into the backpack and off top the bay. The bus stops at a heart-tug. That is what I am calling the places the have folks that were the recipients to the agent orange..well I did find a nice statue for $27... like planning a trip. you have to think... can I carry this.. how will I get it home etc... you just don't consider that.. and we still have two small planes.. so I hope to get it home. I also bought three small embrory things and home one will be good for Janet, Jim's friend. I think part of the reason I don't buy things, I can not think of who would really want them. I want little that is given to me.. so don't expect much. I did by a pair of salt water pearls from Holong Bay... the Canadian folks who appeared to be in "the know" said they were good... so .. I took out my $2 and bought a pair. Our time on the boat and our short trips were very interesting... but I was just glad to be sitting down. It is hard to travel with others. Page doesn't like air conditioning.. and I can not sleep in last weeks air. so I don't get a great deal of sleep. My ipot is not doing well.. so that gives me more time to meditate.. I spoke of the food in the last blog.. they bring in small shrimp.. then calamai...then crabs... then big prawn... and rice etc. amazing stuff. I was happy to see juice, toast, eggs this am. Also very happy I really ate. I was so aprehensive about going I could not think about others and by error left Page in the room not having me to figure out whre to go... It caused her some moments of discomfort...but we recovered. It is hard always thinking of others,... when you don't know what you are doing. To say I crawled down this metal ladder and sank into my kayak like a feather is to not give you the true picture. I had my suit on.. then then the life perserver - snug fit and the kayak hole cover and the bag for the camera. and then I started down the step.. just step in the boat... right.... I turned around and in a moment of total faith.. let go and was standing shaking the kayak. It was about 15 min into the venture when I was actually able to stop saying.. in...stroke right out stroke left.... After a short time.. I can do this. We went into grattos, caves, under rocks, around fish farms, and pods. The young girls got tired and we pulled them... then we ate... more shell... I have started to itch... hives... so not for me.. I ate over done chicken. After lunch. Page took a swim and I stayed to guide her... and then off to kayka again... I am the only one not exhausted. and sore.... I will continue this in the morning...pre spa treatment... 90 min oil massage $16....mmmm

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...