Thursday, February 19, 2009

morning after

When I wrote last night I was very tired, but if you have ever typed in Asia..you know the keys sometimes at some places can have a mind of its own. I have also discovered that most places have a VN dictionary installed so unless you type a word that is a VN word..it will mark it in yellow. While I reread last night and only the dilligent will get the drift.. I don't have the time to organize it. I am also so sorry I can not get pictures in until later. We will be back in HanOi to day and I will try to stick in a few. I have one of Page walking on the edge and helping to chop up yams for the whisky...which has been requested. the area could look like the thousand islands without grass and then the islands with short rocky mts. or Gaspe Bay.. it is hazy.. and I have tried serveral things to get a photo that is equal to the eye. If I came back.. (ok Joe/Cheryl/JoAnn)... I would get out of town HCM quickly but I did enjoy the mykong.. just a long ride. We are in a resort that could be in the Caribian.. re the attention and design. the bed is hard but a s big wide and long... bathrobes, modern hot circular shower.. overlook to the bay with fresh oranges to eat... etc.. and a safe. You would love it.. and think you were in FL... the staff are all in uniform etc. As I have said several times.. my 90 min massage for $16 is at 10. My legs are again working and my arms are not too sore.. so this will be lovely. I hope to get back early enough to run for pupet show tickets since that is what Page wanted to do before we came. Tomorrow back to BKK and I hope to have a day just to look at my own toes and not think or be expected to think about where anyone else has there feet. We will eat at the rest we ate at twice since that is a good veggie place. Our guide came by last night and we chatted about the country. When we were in the Kayak together he said that there are thousands of acres that will take a century to reclaim since it was so damaged with the cemicals... They do eat dog here and the other three are off tonight to feast on little sparky.... this has been good for my practice... don't commit to anything that you do not want to do.. if you do it ... do it your way... and don't judge what others do. On the ship, the Canandian engineers were just that... and also one was RC.. so you know, like AM... they are right. I was one for years... my way or your way is stupid. I long for the same same but different... folks that are stuck in their own little world are often the most fearful of outside the box. What would happen if we opened our hearts a little to include someone not a cookie cutter model. Mich said that when the others come to this country and stay.. they come as a small group... eat their food.. talk their language and are insulted if you do not accommedate them. It is amazing how quickly one becomes the ingroup...and even those that were there before.. are outside looking in... I like my time with a person who can speak about where I am .. it opens your view.. and how simple them live with everything counting. I can see some good changes coming. off to grub and massage.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...