Friday, October 16, 2009

checotah....about to cross the great FOX area

After dinner tonight I went to the wall next to the federal building in OKC...it was very moving and a very serious reminder....






















actually..every Flying J is turned to fox and the only station that is consistent across the us..is Limbaugh. Well I might have missed the Cadillacs in the sand, but I did not miss the largest cross in Texas. The information plaza had a nice dog run and water fountain... I thought it was so neat...just had to include it in the daily selection. Not sure if the dog can reach the button..but it is still cute. Route 66 is a myth. You go down the road and it just stops and then some county route 1321 appears and you are headed to who knows.... I tried to follow it, but the best I could find was the sign and museum. I did not go in...this was a "photo op" in Elk Tx. I ate dinner in Nonna's a very nice place in OK City. The woman who developed the place was into Marilyn Monroe... I thought this was a very sad picture. She has several that showed the vulnerable nature. I then took a canal ride around downtown and it was very interesting to see how much it had built up and how downtown changed with the canal.. at the end of the ride is a great group of sculptures that depict a battle, There was even horse prints in the rim of the canal path... very impressive. there are 20+ pieces of the 40+ planned that are complete.


















After the great dinner and boat ride, I went to the other noteworthy thing in OKC...the federal building..or what was before it was blown up.... I did not go in where each person has a picture...but this was enough

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...