Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eat Wat and Massage

[NOTE IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICTURES THEY WILL ENLARGE]
We definitely have established a pattern for our day. I am enjoying doing the blog in the room, listening to the birds and watching the light come up between 6-7.  I was snoring at 10:30 last night...but wait till you hear the day.
After breakfast we walked to the Elephant Nature Park on our way the good doctor.  Monika paid for the trip and we checked to see that  Bonny,Joe, Cheryl, Rosemary were on the list.  The strange collection of dogs were lounging about on the floor. 
When we got there, the little Dr was waiting and said I looked my usual 60 yrs except for the joints.  My tongue was perfect, pulse good etc. so off to the needles. She used a heat lamp in addition to the pins so I did not fall asleep.  I got 3 months of arthritis tea pills and a sheet with the ingredients so hopefully I can get them at home.  Monika did not need the needles but also got a bag which looks like rabbit pellets. 
We already had breakfast at the inn so after 2 hrs it was time to start our eat or drink walk Wat day.  The juice bar had a pretty good sea weed, banana, mango drink, so I felt healthy. As we sat there a young family were across the street at another juice bar that had wheat grass outside.  As they chatted with others who came and went,it was obvious that was the local  bar for the healthy folks.  There dtr was outside with her bike helmet and "tools" fixing dad's bike.  When the young couple came out, he put her in a body carrier on his chest and they road away... I could live here.
We decided this would be Wat day, so after dropping off the pounds of  pellets, we were off.
I am pretty sure that after weeks you might not notice the flowers growing everywhere, but this hanging basket was in one of the Wat's and had the most
beautiful flower.  I would say the flower was about 3 inches in diameter.  This was the same Wat that was serving a meal for a family that had a funeral.  We saw this good spread of food, (they were serving themselves rice by taking a plate and scooping out a serving) and when I asked about our participating, she said funeral...oh that is why they are all wearing black.  That also reminded us that we needed to eat so we ate at nice Thai place and I had curry and M mushrooms...very tasty meal.  And enough strength to move along.
On our way to the large Wat at the end of the road, we stopped at server others and at one found a very interesting occurrence. Sitting on a bench was a young monk and on the right side of the alter a waxed monk.  No more relics... and we both had to look to see if he was not real
When we came to the large Wat at the end, some of the young monks were talking to the visitors, some were in school and some were taking their afternoon nap. That venture reminded us that we had not eaten is a few minutes or hours, so it was time for afternoon cake and juice.  I had some green stuff made from some leaf..I think it was morning glory, but who knows.  The cake was good...and the drink healthy.

As we are living our opulent life, we see so many who are working so very hard for penny's a day.  We found a massage place that gave us a full Thai massage, a head and shoulders massage, foot massage and ended with hot herbs...two and half hours for 500 bht.. $15...well we gave the staff another $3...can you imagine doing all that for what....a dollar an hour.  Other than the fact that they gave me a Thai body top...when I am a full figure woman...and the strings that tied it together were more like Italian spaghetti straps..and I can't tie a knot and I started with the 3rd string on the right and the 1st string on the left...it was ok.. I got the image in my head and was stiffing a laugh for a while..it was a sight..but the lights are low and ever one on the mats are too busy trying to survive the stick  between your toes..that it was ok..  Well ok until she brought out the hot herbs...it was the end of the day and they suckers had been heating up all day.   I felt like a marshmallow that was roasting on an open fire... she would put one on me then work the other two and I would pray...please move it ...I am on fire... she did...and I did not go up in flame.  When we finished...it was dark and we had to figure where we were going... not an easy thing...after it was more in perspective...it was a great treatment and I slept well....today is the dentist...   mmmm


1 comment:

joe joe said...

Bonny with a 'Y':
Glad you're doing well (I could expect no less). Sounds like CM is as wonderful as it was last time we were there. Have you visited the donut man yet ?

Also glad that fido's nose is still by the garage door. Continuity is a very good thing.

CA & I will be up there soon, to share many beautiful days in paradise with you and Monika.

See you late on Friday.
joe

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...