Wednesday, January 26, 2011

new meaning to the land of smiles

Going to the dentist is never a pleasant thing...money, time, sour mouth etc.  Before we came, I booked an appointment with the dentist for a consult, cleaning and repair. The office is near the university since many of the 25 dentist teach.  Some are from local school and many, like the head of the clinic..a woman studied in the states.  I filled out an information card and waited a few minutes in a very pleasant office with computers, newspapers, flowers, and a reception staff of 5.  People bustled about and then I was taken downstairs to another series of offices to meet Dr. Lee.  She was about 5 feet tall...95 pounds and late 20's . I only saw her assistance face for a very few seconds,  but I suspect she was about the same age. Let's take a look...mmm mmm mmm ok...first the scaling... and she donned her face mask, put glasses on me Vaseline on my lips.  I rinsed with some antiseptic and off we were.  The radio was playing some tunes and soon Dr. Lee was singing in my ear in a soft voice and working like ballet with the assistant.  She scaled, and polished and said mmm mmm a few more times.
The the front tooth which had cracked...since she was going to remove a filling to refill...she gave me Novocaine...The needle looked bigger than her,  but her humming helped and actually it didn't feel too bad.  It was a resin filling so the ultra violet process was used and a few times, she stopped humming.  That is when I started to be anxious..but soon...ok, now for the molar.  The front of the crown had  broken off.. So here again, there was a very large amount of fill that was need...but after 2 hrs, She said...all done.  She asked the "boy' in the next office to look at the front prosthesis...and he said..oh boy, but there was not time to sent it to the lab and have if fixed.  Off to xray and a full mouth and two  bite wings  The first go,  my bridge was in so we had to redo it... they do the xray  upstairs and then it appears on the computer screen in the dentist  office.  She went through each tooth gum surgery here, new 3 crownd here, repair here, new post here... and it will take 2.weeks.
It was now 12:30 and I was to meet M at 1...bill for today...2 resin fillings,  3 xray and cleaning...just under $200. The projection for the two weeks...$2500 you do the math...even with 1200 for the air and $600 for an apt for a month.... so...anyone want to come next year... I will be here...and smiling.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...