Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Procrastination

I have been walking about the house looking at the stuff and have distracted myself with an inventory process.  As I noticed that I was created still another useless piece of paper, I started to look at the books and articles that say they help stop procrastination or help you get unstuck... I have several of both...so now I have a list, and books , and article about getting rid of what you don't want and the first think I noted was I don't want the things that try to teach you how to get ride of the things you don't want....  I came across a list of 72 things to help you stop procrastinating and the at they end they say... There are two rules...1) identify all the things that are important to you  and get rid of the rest..... When my Mom and I were talking one day I asked her what she regretted.... She was quick to answer.. That I never purged the house and left that to you ... I have no one to leave it to... So I am off to find thoes things that matter... And have a box of garbage bags for the rest...

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I read this and had to chuckle because, as you know, I'm going through this now. I am working very hard to retain only the items of property that I use, that have deep sentimental value, or that I can envision one of my children or grandchildren using or selling in the future. But it's difficult, as you go through, and get distracted reading old greeting cards, the forwards of books that once seemed very interesting but now I realize I'll never read, record albums from high school and college that are completely scratched and can be replaced on itunes in a heartbeat, to LET GO! And when I toss it, Dave looks at it again and seems to find a use for it. But onward we go! Good luck with your mission. Happy Easter!

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...