Saturday, March 10, 2012

same same but different

You never know where your next boost toward life development will come from. 
I am earnestly trying to keep the “Same Same but Different” attitude as my way of  life.  It is easy as you walk about by yourself in Asia, but here, it is a challenge.
 I think the secret of not having everyone have an opinion is to not have people in your life who have an opinion. I am lucky in that my strong personality keeps many people at arm’s length. So giving me an opinion is not for the faint hearted but more for the naïve.  I have learned to take it all with a grain of salt and a capacity to sift out the seed from the shaft. 
Another secret is to set the ego down in another room as you are walking about so that your non-judgmental “Now” can take a more objective look at what you think might be going on.  It is interesting that I was about to go barefoot rather than walk with sand in my shoes.  In looking at the sandman... I got some input from a friend who doesn’t appear to take too many people, other than the love of his life, too seriously...  His comment, “just accept it”.... this guy is this guy and he is not going to change.. so when your lives intersect, you know how he going to approach a situation and just let him do it and work around it rather than try to control it.   WOW...
So when the sandman approached and I was in the Now and ready... I got a chance to just watch rather than being a controlling person for the sake of not letting him roll over me..  He really thinks he is being helpful and has a need for reassurance that he is ok. Rather than trying to micromanage... he is just an insecure fellow who doesn’t know how to relax and let the process work. It is very hard for him not to have a finger in the pudding..   so... Let him go for it, and unless it is critical, so what, it will end up the Same Same just Different.
Life just got a great deal easier.. and I am enjoying watching more of the world go by without having to help it along.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...