Saturday, November 10, 2012

Guns


While I am a pretty good shot with both a handgun and rifle, I elect not to bear arms.  After this morning’s project, I think I should extend that to glue guns.  I know Martha has more experience, but she makes it so easy on the videos. My project is the bamboo winter cover so it is not essential that it look terrific just be functional.  I get out my work table which is a foot shorter than the project, I cut the burlap into 10.5’ x 6’ strips…well a zigzag cut , tape a couple of garbage bags to the table to ward off the glue that will seep through the burlap… set my timer to 5 min. so the glue is hot and start..   I forget to put the feet up so the feet are glued, I decide to press down on the burlap to push the two sides together for better adherence and now I can rob a bank since I have no fingerprints on the tips of the burnt fingers.  When I finish, I have gaps in the seal so I try squishing the hot glue into the holes and it sort of seals…but I have no confidence that it will hold for winter.  I am not quitting on Martha… so I am off to the store to get iron on hemming tape… surely I can iron as soon as I find the iron.  Maybe I can barter building a garage in exchange for burlap cover making.  
An update on the knitting – I have just started the second scan and it is as tall as myself… I think I will call this the Rapunzel scarf and take it with me to Asia as a fire escape tool.   

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...