Thursday, January 05, 2017

May all beings be at ease.
Whatever living beings there may be;
Whether they are weak or strong, omitting none,
The great or the mighty, medium, short or small,
The seen and the unseen,
Those living near and far away,
Those born and to-be-born,
May all beings be at ease!

It is hard to accept that when you feel that you are on the right path and that your step is easier that it is temporary and you just need to enjoy the moment.  Around the next bend is some piece of earth that will end up in your eye and you will have cloudy vision. 
I can feel my body being more relaxed as I go about the day.  I will be spending most of my time by myself and have more say about go here, go there, or don’t.  While my calendar looks full …today my chi gong class, breakfast with the expaits at Riverside, a
curator's tour of an art opening, it will be my pace and timing.  I will come and go when I feel I want to do so. 
Last night on my way to sit with the sangha, the road was dark and busy and I just went home after a nice meal with H&H.  I listened to a dharma talk by Penna Chodron and felt it was where I was to be on a dark night.  
Today, no rain.

The lesson for me is to be at ease in the rain and in the some and wish all well.  I rode past a man drinking the last juice from a discarded beer bottle – it is easy for me to wish him well.  Much easier to send a kind thought to him than the self-inflated ex-marine in my class or the man that will be president.  Who knows, the man with the bottle may be richer in heart and more at ease than either.

Yesterday I went to DaDa for oatmeal mango and banana....  I could have the same picture for the past three-four years.  There is great comfort in stability
Same staff... same wall signs.....same fans... same help staff... only the two German men and the american women have changed.

My laundry person is on holiday to visit her family until the 7th so I was out of underwear.   I remembered the place at the mall with the flyless men's briefs... so I now have four new pairs.  As I went by the IT shop, I saw this salesman having a rest.  I am amazed as to where and when folks can sleep.  first, I would have to lay on the floor and second... I would be fired.  Just a quick shot with the phone but I the scene gave me a smile.
 

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...