Sunday, January 20, 2008

First full day in BKK

I am going to master this. I have been on for 10 min trying to get a picture loaded. The fun thing is I don't know what picture it will be. Rather like an improve show, you get a word and then just run with it.. Well in my last message, I said I was going back and go to bed. Didn't happen. There is a Reggie disc attached to my Inn. It called to me to have a beer to go with my peanuts that I bought at the 7=11. I was a little worried that the noise from the disc o would be terrible, but when I got to my room.. it was great - dark and quiet. My chat with Ricky and Roberta Roach had an impact and they were not visible and I slept well.
This morning, I got up early and organized. One of the things about travelling for me is that you move the stuff around in your suitcase often.. constantly actually. I moved the cold weather stuff and the daily stuff and started a laundry bag. Then I reorganized it again. Very funny to do this since all of my stuff is in my duffel. oh well. How you do anything .. do everything.
Breakfast, which comes with the room was continental - fruit, toast, strawberry jelly and coffee. You always use that word loosely. What was fun about breakfast was the meal was served under a CNN TV talking about the caucuses and next to a open stall food provider. Three people pulled stuff from plastic bags and started chopping, cooking, sorting food. Folks strolled through the alley, leading to Khaosan and assembled and payed for their meal. It was like the working persons drive through. After I ate, I started the journey to the weekend market. It is the same.. not even same same but different. The smell and the crowd etc. was still there. About 11ish, I found an a/c tavern and had a chung and sticky rice and mango.. there were both so good, I almost forgot to take the meal picture. Most of all, they gave you a wet paper towel.. actually frozen.. ah... relief. I then spend time with a tarot card healer.. how spoke English. He read my aura and I will say for the most part was right on. I did a lot of market looking but little buying. I will be going back several times.. lord the very thought of that. The water taxi was fun until I went to get off and the boat jerked back about a foot.. I pretended I was super bonny and about flew across. I ate some pasta ( I know I am in Thailand) and had a large beer. It is hot, 92 and I am not use to that.. so this is a slow day. The AC in my Internet place is not cold. I am going to get my toes fixed tonight and then just chill.. I need to catch up on the sleep. Marti the rooster crowed at the Wat on Khosan.. not as good a crow as you ..but not bad. I am well.. hot and happy. bonny

2 comments:

happy friend said...

Hot and happy is good. It is 11 degrees here! Meanwhile, I think it is funny that I am in the running for "the first comment" to the blog:)
I hope this works because I have Georgette counting on my explaining this to her. Yes, we are just here to entertain you:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely Bonz. I look forward to following your adventures. I am most concerned that you keep your glasses close. Will check back tomorrow to see what the day brought.

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...