Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Afternoon


This was yesterdays meal... it was actually sticky rice and mangoes and a beer...but the rice and fruit vanished before I thought of the picture. I will get this more organized..but not bad for a first draft. I am trying to take pics of the meals




Hip hip - finally some pictures but where is Cheryl. Believe me the guy that drove this relic did not have a blue helmet. There are many more Penagio this year and I have see many blue ones. This is 150. I think someone at scooter club might have this. I am going to try to load more pics. I took this the other night. Still getting use to the camera but doing better and I have seen folks from Gr and Fr with the same camera. I will try to continue to type about the day while the photos decide where they are travelling to. After my morning post I went to the temple of the Dawn. Man it was very very hot. 93 at 9:30. As I started down these stairs which were nothing like Cambodia.. they actually had step all the way across and a rail... I thought of my little friend Blake and his struggle with the stairs at the museum.. As you can see, I was alone so I talked to him in my head. It was a good experience. I did not go to the top.. this was high enough in the heat. I think my legs are much better than last year. I feel stronger and not as winded.

I love taking the river taxi.. no matter how hot it is outside, there is always a little breeze. Today I drank a bottled water in about a second as we went through the city. I had to take a "taxi" across the river to the Wat and back. Travelling native is really fast and cheap. the taxi was 3.5 baht. I went to the Jim Thompson museum today. It was interesting and I had decided since I did not get my nice meal last night I would indulge and eat there. I looked like a native rolling the sticky rice and dipping it into the sauce. The pomelo salad was different.. with a shrimp on it.. which was good. I blessed my answer and said thank you. I stopped at the central city and had a coffee.. then back on the sky train and river and the Internet cafe. It is 5 and I will leave here for my facial. Think tonight will be just a snack and beer and more watching. Going to get the Same Same t-shirt. I downed a pic of the BMW Tuk but it came in sideways and I can't figure how to turn it around.
I met two nice retired women at the Jim Thompson. They were from Scotland.. of course they did not understand how I can feel so comfortable on my own, public transit and my lodging. ..I did not tell them I share the room. This is the last night at the Inn. I will check what time I can move over. Again, where is Sheila to help me truck my stuff. It is a pretty evening.. sun sun and more sun.. heard the CNN weather.. sounds cold... hehehe.... bye for now.

4 comments:

happy friend said...

Happy friend says,
Good Pictures! Sorry I can't be there to help schlep your stuff. Have to get back to my computer tutoring:)

Georgette said...

this is a test

Georgette said...

I still do not feel comfortable with this.this is why I am trying again

Anonymous said...

Bonny with a 'Y'. Your pictures add alot. Great job. Have fun and be safe !!! joe arena

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...