Friday, November 30, 2012

Dan


In the early days of silent movies, there often was a scene that involves a damsel in distress tied to the railroad tracks.  Usually, at the last moment they are rescued by some cowboy in the white hat.  I imagine that if there were to be a movie where they were not rescued, there would be a time when  you know the train is coming but somehow you don't think it will arrive.  When these pictures were taken during my first trip to Asia, Dan was already in treatment for a serious blood disorder and already doing alternative medicine. That trip was a very strange gathering of folks since most of us did not know each other, but were students of the same yoga teacher.  Beth and Marty along with Rick the teacher organized a trip for us to go to Thailand and Cambodia to do yoga and learn a little about the culture. In that we spent most of the time in small huts doing yoga in a Thai elementary school fairly isolated from the world, we got to know quit a lot about each other.  My first one on one encounter with Dan was on our trip back from acupuncture.  The session was very intense for me and I believe I would have circling the moot to this day if level headed calm Dan had not directed the tuk.  Four of us opted to stay overnight at the elephant camp, which was a memorable experience. When we returned Dan gave me a call and we had lunch when he gave me one of my favorite pictures of myself which I first found my Thai hat while walking the Sunday market in Chaingmai.  Dan was a wise and carrying gentleman  and will be missed by all but particularly his loving wife Ellen....a tip of the glass to you my brother..

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...