Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holding the coat


God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference.”       Everything that happens to us happens for a reason.  When I ended up in the anonymous rooms with my overeating, I wasn’t sure what I was getting out of it.  I didn’t stay a long time, but I came out with a life philosophy and several lifelong friends.  That is more than I got out of college except I have retained the Saint Francis of Assisi prayer…”Lord, make me an instrument of your peace….” These along with the Carlyle hymn I pick up off the camp latrine wall at age 10 …. So here hath been dawning another blue day: Think wilt thou let it slip useless away…I have gathered some pretty simple yet strong words to guide my life.  I am not sure when it all sank in, but one of the joys that I have at this point in my life, I am less likely to thrash about over things that will not be part of my life in a day or two.   Oh I slip often because it is still hard for me to ask for what I need – space, to sit down, to take a break, etc.  But I see improvement.
I have been given an amazing gift that gives me financial freedom. I am in pretty good health and I know I will get better and stronger with Qi Gong.  I have served my community and don’t need to do more, it is other’s turn.

The hardest part now is watching folks running around in circles looking for the “chair” that is right next to them.
Watching folks miss take excitement for love and being too quick to settle for something far less what they want and desire because they think it will fill an empty spot.   
Watching folks be so afraid of what they might find, they can’t take time to get to know them self.  
Watching someone in a community situation spend energy complaining about what is unavoidable and not having the wisdom to “know the difference”.
Doing is the easy part… it is holding the coat for another so they can learn life's lessons, that takes restraint, energy, and unconditional love.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...