Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Short Cuts

When I was teaching, I taught a class in which you were guaranteed an A.  If your GPA was down.. this was the chance to shine.  It you had never gotten an A...here it was a guarantee. Of course there was a catch.  You write the paper, I grade the paper with comments and give it back, you rewrite the paper etc...  You could do it as many times as you wanted until the deadline date.  So, if you were a good student and a last minute person you were ok but if you were not a good student, you probably proved that "how you do anything is how you do everything".  There were about 70 students in the class and I believe I remember only about 5 of them wanted to do the work to get the A.   I saw a phrase someplace...it is ok to want the moon as long as you are willing to get over your fear of flying.  You can't get from here to there without effort.  I am at the bottom of my house tasks.  A few more tasks outside and two large tasks inside.  When I don't know what to do with something or don't have time to tend to proper stowing, I put it in the basement or in my office.  I brought home stuff from the farm as well as replaced stuff in the house and it is now waiting for decision day stack with other stuff in either the basement or the office. I am grateful I don't have an attic. .  I will get new windows installed at the end of next week and they must get to the windows so things need to be moved in the office.   I am reminded of my own phase "life is like a girdle... you pull it in here and it comes out there".  There is no short cut for pain, a mess, or personal growth.  You have to do the work or spend the rest of your life, running away from reality and not taking responsibility for sitting with yourself and getting to the core.  Because I did other things rather than properly stowing everything, I will spend time back tracking, sorting, tossing, giving away and stowing stuff.   Toss a match would eliminate the problem but also make me homeless.  So no short cuts,
I

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...