Monday, November 07, 2022

ARE WE THERE YET

 A very frustrating day.   All about money and planes and anxiety.   Hard to relax and be calm. I know Bruce feels the same way.  When I used to do canoeing every once in a while, when I was carrying the canoe from one place to another over my head... the no see ems or mosquito would get under with me and there was nothing to do but keep going.  I would try to not react with the thought that if they just take a little bite and leave, the sting will not be as bad. Sometimes that was true and sometimes not.    

    It started with the Thai Visa, then I got double billed for an app, and I can't reach a vendor to suspend my service and got a bill for a service that was not mine.   I will take the attitude that nothing else can go wrong.  That is not always the case.  Sometimes this is just the prequel to something greater.

So, it has taken me 5 1/2 hrs. today to get the car wash, Sirius, and instant ink suspended for four months...   And I got the lift folks to cancel a pending charge that was not mine.   all of that will amount to about $500.

I got my car to the garage and bike stowed (thank you Karen) and the garage owner to know that the car is there.

I am now cleaning the refrigerator, almost packed, Jim's many dozen scones made.  I will take a nap from midnight to 2 am then shower, load the car and roll down the driveway at 4 am.  and it is all good.  With much good fortune, the bags will be checked to Chiang Mai, I will see Bruce in Tokyo and we will both forget what a hassle this trip has been.

40HRS AND 21 MINUTES SOUNDS LIKE A WORK WEEK... BUT IT WILL GO FROM 6AM ON NOVEMBER 8 TO NOVEM ER 10 FLYING ACROSS 12 TIME ZONES.

No comments:

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...