Friday, September 21, 2012

Wouldn’t it be nice if everything fit in little boxes.

My dear friend Georgette, lived in her Now with her Now dogs,,,, so her house was very Now… and she was not very Zen…so she saved magazines and envelopes and whatever ….they were stacked on tables, chairs etc.. so when the six dogs, who could run 35 miles an hour when running to the window to see what was on their lawn..or running after each other… what got knocked off the table to the floor, stayed there… what got chewed off of a chair and ended on the floor…stayed there.  When she was in the hospital, it took three people working a full three days to get one room back to finding the floor, walls, and being able to look out the window….but she subscribed to Martha Stewart…the ingenious cord organizer, everything in place person and now since I inherit it all, I get her subscriptions.  I love it …what great ideas she has…almost as realistic as Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella where the prince comes and everything is OK.  Some of the hardest lessons of life are, and if learned will help reduce suffering expeditiously,

1.      You must be your own best friend  Call or text yourself regularly to keep the relationship fresh and crisp.  Get up every morning saying… thank you for another new day… I am glad I am in this skin and I will respect us and trust that we are where we should be and will not be given anything that we cannot handle and grow from doing.

2.      Not everything fits neatly in a box.  Even things you think you have dealt with comes back up to be revisited.  The trick is not to think you are back were you were when you made the decision but to look at the issue in your now…    Something just don’t have a box and are there for you to look at and learn from.  And it is ok, whether Martha agrees or not, not to have everything in place.  It only happens where you have a staff of 100 all working to make you look good. Most lives are messy.  I will always feel some sense of abandonment for there is no way to fix that I was left at 6 weeks…but what I do with that will decide if I cause myself to suffer.

3.      I am here to end my own suffering.   To quote my morning meditation prayer…I am here to end suffering.  If ending suffering is more important than anything, I will end suffering….. I am here to pay attention to what causes me to suffer and drop that….   Right now, whatever is in our head about how we should be, could be, where we should be and could be…who we should be with or could be with…. We are suffering….go back to No 1.   You are your own best friend and be kinder to yourself than you think you should be.    
I wanted to add a picture....this was taken in Chiangmai on the streets.  There are spirit houses of every shape and size but this one was so simple and elegant...it captured my attention and reminds to Keep it Simple.   I am grateful for water.

1 comment:

CDP said...

nice post Bonny... and good talking with you last night...

Eleventh Day

 Wow, it is easy to slip into a similar pattern to what I had at home. I produced a plan to change many things - delete more emails, eat hea...